Healthy Substitutions for Everyday Food
Skeptical? That’s understandable, but why not give these substitutions for everyday foods a try? You have nothing to lose but unwanted body fat.
- Greek Yogurt: Believe it or not, if you swap out sour cream for Greek yogurt, you and your family may never notice. Just squeeze in a little lemon and you’re good to go, improving your digestion while enjoying the creamy taste.
- Avocado: While avocado is a fatty fruit, these are the good fats that your heart needs, so use it instead of cheese or mayo on your sandwich. Hummus is another great and healthy spread substitute.
- Ground Turkey: Red meat is a no-no if you’re trying to stay healthy. For many recipes, like chili, burgers or spaghetti and meatballs, ground turkey will do the job just as well with a lot less fat.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Extra virgin olive oil is a fantastic substitute for the butter you normally use for cooking if you’re interested in heart health. Use it wherever you would normally use butter. It’s delicious and much, much better for your heart.
- Dark Leafy Greens: Greens are good, and dark, leafy greens are even better. Swap out your iceberg lettuce for nutrient-rich spinach, kale or arugula. Many people find that these substitutes have a lot more flavor anyway.
- Almond/Coconut Milk: This is an easy way to reduce fat in your diet. Use almond or coconut milk wherever you would use milk, cream or half-and-half, whether it’s in your coffee, when cooking or with a snack.
- Cauliflower: Prepared the right way, cauliflower can even serve as a main meal. Try it with buffalo sauce for a spicy and filling taste sensation.
Schedule Your Personal Fitness Training Consultation
As you can see, making healthy food substitutions is easy and delicious. If you like these ideas for maintaining a healthy body, we’ve got lots more of them. Call us at 410-266-6688 anytime and be sure to fill out and submit our simple online form to schedule your absolutely free fitness consultation!