Welcome to Excellence in Fitness Personal Training Studios
EIF is an award-winning sports performance training facility with locations in Annapolis and Millersville, MD.
Our dedicated professionals provide sports performance training to Maryland’s elite student-athletes, in addition to adults and teens who simply want to bring their game to the next level.
At EIF, your dedicated professional will design a training program that addresses all aspects of fitness, including strength, flexibility, endurance, and cardio, as well as sport-specific training. That will enable your student-athlete to apply skills to sport-specific tasks, whether that’s swinging a bat, throwing a ball or getting the fastest possible jump off the starting block.
Why DIY and Clinics Don’t Work
If you’re thinking about handling the strength training program for your young athlete on your own — for example, by bringing your student along with you to your gym — you may be making a big mistake.
Even though your athlete may appear fully grown, bones and tissues are still working their way to full size and
strength. That means failing to perform strength training exercises with the proper form can cause long lasting damage that may permanently sideline your child.
It also means that focusing too quickly on sport-specific skills won’t help your athlete develop fundamental tools. The fact is that athletes who develop core endurance, flexibility, speed and strength are better prepared to adapt those
skills to sport-specific tasks such as swinging a bat or throwing a ball.
If you’re thinking you’ll just sign your kid up for special clinics, you may be in for a nasty shock. Clinics can’t offer personalized attention across a class likely populated by athletes of vastly different abilities and behaviors.
Just like in early childhood, teens develop at different paces. You already know that other kids the same age as your athlete are smaller or stronger or better coordinated.
Mental maturity plays a role, too. With personal training, your athlete will benefit from a developmentally suitable program that meets your student where they are.
How a Dedicated Fitness Plan Can Help Young Athletes
When it comes to working out, teens and young adults need specialized — but still generalized — training that gives them the strength and endurance to complete their athletic events without tiring. Gains in explosive speed and strength don’t just come with maturity — they’re made in the fitness studio.
When you choose a dedicated professional from EIF, the athlete will:
- Work with a trainer who carefully monitors for proper form and technique, for maximum results and injury avoidance.
- Improvements in all aspects of fitness so applying skills to sport-specific tasks is easier and more natural.
- Fulfill goals while avoiding burnout and overuse injuries.
- Overcome exercise plateaus by pushing through the comfort zone with the right motivation.
- Learn new exercises that challenge your high-performing athlete with stimuli they won’t get in clinics or team practices.
- Continue workouts in the off season, so that it’s “all systems go” when the new year starts.
Award-Winning Fitness Programs for Adult and Teen Athletes
EIF is the award-winning fitness studio everyone in your family can count on for a challenging and inspiring workout.
When you join EIF, you can:
- Lose fat and gain muscle mass. Make your body work smarter instead of harder when you commit to fitness improvement with EIF. As your body makes gains in strength and endurance, you’ll feel more energetic. And if you combine our tough workouts with healthy dietary habits, you’ll lose weight, too.
- Boost your confidence and mood. Exercise is proven to make you feel better, physically and emotionally.
- Reduce your risk of heart attack, stroke, cancer, diabetes and other deadly diseases. Regular exercise and healthy eating habits are proven to lengthen life in otherwise healthy adults. You may even be able to stop taking medicine for high blood pressure or diabetes.
- Take advantage of the Best Personal Trainers in Maryland, voted eight years in a row, and work out in an uncrowded space where clean, modern equipment and goal-focused professionals make every session worthwhile.
Personal Training for High School Athletes
Working with a personal trainer allows your athlete to safely develop the strong muscles that are required to make gains in explosive speed and endurance. When was the last time your athlete bragged about the number of pull-ups or push-ups
they could do? Are compound exercises, such as squats and lunges, a regular part of your student’s fitness routine?
When your teen makes gains in these essentials, you’ll notice impressive gains in endurance and power.
You’ll also get personalized advice on nutrition because eating the right foods and getting enough of the right nutrients is absolutely essential to fuel the tough workouts that lead to success on the field, track or court.
For a free consultation and workout demo, or to learn more about EIF, call us or fill out a contact form today!
Author: Joe Aben