Grow Stronger with Excellence In Fitness
Lower back pain is one of the most common health complaints in the U.S. The Lumbar Extension machine effectively reaches the muscles that other lower back strengthening exercise won’t. EIF is pleased to offer this game-changing Fitness System in our personal fitness studio, where clients optimize their exercise time to maximize results — and achieve the pain-free lifestyles they deserve.
How to Alleviate Back Pain With MedX
The core muscles, which include the muscles of the back and abdomen, support the spine and hips. When these muscles atrophy or suffer an injury, back pain often results. Strong core muscles protect the spine and hips, relieving and preventing pain. MedX designs and manufactures the only FDA-registered Medical Strengthening Device in America, and it is designed specifically to strengthen the lumbar and cervical regions.
This research-backed device works — even when other forms of strengthening and stretching exercises have failed.
The patented Lumbar Extension machine incorporates restraints that prevent the user from recruiting the butt and leg muscles during back strengthening exercise. Because the Lumbar Extension machine isolates the muscles surrounding the lower spine, each repetition allows the user to target and strengthen the muscles best
positioned to support the back, and relieve and prevent pain. Strong spinal muscles improve stability and posture without relying on nearby abdominal, gluteal and leg muscles.
What to Know About MedX Equipment
Arthur Jones, the creator of Nautilus fitness machines, founded MedX in 1986. Today, MedX designs and manufactures state-of-the-art medical strengthening equipment that improves strength, endurance and range of motion. All MedX fitness equipment undergoes rigorous, independent testing to prove efficacy.
It is the only machine of its kind to exclusively test muscle functionality while providing rehabilitative exercise. The Lumbar Extension machine has helped tens of thousands of people improve their quality of life through reduced or eliminated back pain. Because our trainers can adjust the Lumbar Extension machine for hundreds of resistance levels, it is a suitable fitness solution for nearly any client who suffers from chronic back pain.
In addition to the Lumbar Extension machine, the Core Spinal Fitness System includes machines that improve strength, flexibility and endurance throughout the core. These machines include the Ab Isolator, Super Stretch, Torso Rotation and Four-Way Neck. Known throughout the fitness and rehabilitation fields as a provider of revolutionary medical strengthening equipment, MedX constructs its machines using precision engineering, low friction and high-quality components.
Over and over, independent research published in peer-reviewed health and fitness journals prove that MedX technology makes meaningful differences in the lives of people who suffer from spine-related pain issues. Even one Lumbar Extension training session every week is enough to produce measurable gains in strength and reductions in low back pain, according to an article published in the journal, Ergonomics.
- Chronic low back pain patients who exercised using the Lumbar Extension for 10 weeks reported a “significant reduction in reported pain” and “less physical and psychological dysfunction,” according to the journal, Spine.
- Individuals with chronic low back pain achieved measurable improvements in functionality and pain reduction when exercise focused on the lumbar extensors, according to The Journal of Musculoskeletal Medicine.
- A study that used the MedX Lumbar Extension machine found that patients who engaged in lumbar strengthening exercises exhibited “substantial improvement in back strength” as treatment progressed, according to the North American Spine Society.
Rehabilitative Exercise That Transforms Your Lifestyle
Chronic lower back pain transforms a formerly active individual into a person who experiences difficulty standing, walking and sitting — chronic lower back pain can even influence emotions and outlook. If you’re tired of doing exercises and visiting doctors to no avail, get in touch with EIF. With one-on-one training using our MedX Lumbar Extension machine, you may be able to increase your spinal strength and range of motion, and most importantly, reduce pain.
At EIF, you can:
- Get your life back. If you’re accustomed to living an active lifestyle filled with rewarding physical activities, EIF can help — especially if you love to golf. The Lumbar Extension machine is great for golf exercises for the lower back, since the equipment targets the core muscles used during the swing. Improve core rotation and speed, and see how quickly you can improve drives off the tee.
- Reduce your dependence on medication. Painkillers and certain other medication improve symptoms, but they do not solve underlying problems. Many EIF clients improve so much after working with us that they can usually stop taking painkillers, as well as some diabetes and blood pressure medications.
- Improve your psychological well being. Spend months trapped in an unhealthy body, and you’ll understand why feeling fit and strong is so important. One-on-one training at EIF can improve your outlook, reduce anxiety, improve self-image and boost confidence.
- Perform the exercises that target your specific needs. Our personal trainers, voted the best in the region for eight consecutive years, design customized programs that address the specific needs of each client. Work with us, and we will listen to your concerns and make your goals our own. Reduce or eliminate back pain, improve range of motion, boost endurance and strength, and gain lean muscle mass as you transform your lifestyle into the healthiest it’s ever been.