The Benefits of Balance Training
- Improved coordination and injury prevention – When you have strong balance, you are less likely to slip and fall, and that reduces your risk of breaking a bone. Especially in older adults, broken bones can cause life-changing consequences.
- Improved core strength – When you balance train, you’ll recruit the muscles in your core and glutes. As you strengthen these muscles through continued training, you’ll notice firmer muscles and improved balance. Stronger muscles also burn more calories, which boosts metabolism and helps you lose weight.
- Improved neuromuscular communication — Balance training strengthens the connection between your brain and your muscles.
- Improved athletic performance — Individuals with strong balance move and perform tasks efficiently. If you’re an athlete, balance skills help you work out longer, harder and stronger.
EIF Is the Only Fitness Program to Provide Five Physical Benefits
Millersville, Severn, and Annapolis residents have votes EIF as the top personal fitness studio in the region because our professionals provide a workout unlike any other. The Body of Excellence™ training program provides the fastest, safest and longest-lasting results in five key areas of fitness.
When you choose EIF, you’ll find out how strong and flexible you can be. You’ll improve your endurance with cardiovascular fitness training. As time passes, you’ll notice an improvement in body composition, with measurable fat loss. Because the program our professional designs for your needs will include balance training, you’ll also find you’re less prone to injury — and that improves your quality of life, now and in the future.
Optimize your exercise time at EIF, and you can:
- Lose weight and increase lean muscle mass – When you make regular exercise a priority in your lifestyle, you and your loved ones will notice the difference.
- Reduce your need for medications — For certain conditions, such as type II diabetes and high blood pressure, exercise can decrease your dependency on medication. Speak with your doctor before making changes to your prescription drug regimen.
- Reduce the symptoms of anxiety, depression and insomnia — Working out to your fullest potential at EIF can increase your confidence and self-esteem. It can also give you a better night of sleep. These are all factors that play an important role in fighting depressed or anxious feelings.
- Overcome weakness and achieve your peak athletic ability — Whether you are a weekend warrior, a competitive triathlete or brand new to fitness, the professionals at EIF will inspire you to live your healthiest, most vibrant lifestyle.
Author: Joe Aben