Healthy Substitutions for Everyday Food
Eating healthy is one of the hardest things to do to reach a healthy weight and practice good nutrition. We have become accustomed to eating certain foods or to the taste of certain products we add to food, and it’s hard to imagine going without them. Fortunately, there are healthy substitutes for many of the less healthy foods you eat all the time. These alternatives to everyday foods match the consistency and taste of the things you are used to eating, especially when used in cooking.Contact Us
Skeptical? That’s understandable, but why not give these substitutions for everyday foods a try? You have nothing to lose but unwanted body fat.
- Greek Yogurt: Believe it or not, if you swap out sour cream for Greek yogurt, you and your family may never notice. Just squeeze in a little lemon and you’re good to go, improving your digestion while enjoying the creamy taste.
- Avocado: While avocado is a fatty fruit, these are the good fats that your heart needs, so use it instead of cheese or mayo on your sandwich. Hummus is another great and healthy spread substitute.
- Ground Turkey: Red meat is a no-no if you’re trying to stay healthy. For many recipes, like chili, burgers or spaghetti and meatballs, ground turkey will do the job just as well with a lot less fat.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Extra virgin olive oil is a fantastic substitute for the butter you normally use for cooking if you’re interested in heart health. Use it wherever you would normally use butter. It’s delicious and much, much better for your heart.
- Dark Leafy Greens: Greens are good, and dark, leafy greens are even better. Swap out your iceberg lettuce for nutrient-rich spinach, kale or arugula. Many people find that these substitutes have a lot more flavor anyway.
- Almond/Coconut Milk: This is an easy way to reduce fat in your diet. Use almond or coconut milk wherever you would use milk, cream or half-and-half, whether it’s in your coffee, when cooking or with a snack.
- Cauliflower: Prepared the right way, cauliflower can even serve as a main meal. Try it with buffalo sauce for a spicy and filling taste sensation.
For More Great Healthy Eating Tips and to Schedule Your Personal Fitness Training Consultation, Contact Excellence in Fitness Personal Training Studios Today!
As you can see, making healthy food substitutions is easy and delicious. If you like these ideas for maintaining a healthy body, we’ve got lots more of them. Call us at 410-266-6688 anytime and be sure to fill out and submit our simple online form to schedule your absolutely free fitness consultation!
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form
Other Blog Posts
- Should I Implement a Workplace Wellness Program for My Employees?
- How to Increase Productivity Through Exercise
- Sugar's Unseen Effects on Your Body
- Finding the Right Personal Trainer
- Proper Fitness Nutrition
- Tips for Fitness While Traveling
- Injury Prevention Through Training
- Hydration - Water vs. Sports Drink
- Cardio Through Strength Training: The Metabolic Workout
- 8 Ways to Jumpstart Your Metabolism
- 10 Tips to Reduce Belly Fat
- Personal Training vs. Group Fitness
- Tips for Setting Effective Fitness Goals
- The Importance of Proper Sleep
- Weight Loss After Pregnancy
- Strength Training & Weight Loss for Women